Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Doctor Visit



The other day I took the boys to the doctor. When I went to pick up the boys from school they were both still napping. Tristan started to cry when I told him that he'd probably have to get a shot. Tristan's stats: 39 pounds & 43.5 inches. Landon's stats: 26 pounds & 32.75 inches. They are both at the 25% percentile for their height and weight (which means that 75% of kids their age are heavier and taller than them) . Basically I have short and skinny kids. I'm not surprised about the weight, but I'm still surprised that they are so short. Both Jason and I are taller than average (I think). At my tallest I was 5'7" and Jason is about 6'1" or 2". It turns out that Tristan did not need a shot (which he was very thankful for). But Landon did. I got to hold him down while the nurse gave it to him in the thigh. I was so proud of him cause he only wimpered for a millisecond. Tristan got to do a hearing and vision test. He did average on the hearing and excellent on the vision test. He also had to provide a urine sample. This was not easy. The doctor's office has a nice size restroom with a regular toilet, a mini toilet, and a changing table. Well not only did I have to hold the cup while T gave his sample but I had to keep Landon from touching the other toilet and unraveling all toilet paper. I needed five arms at one point. And after all that I think T got more pee on the wall than in the cup. And just when I thought the appointment was all over and done with they ask that we go to the lab down the street so Landon can give a blood sample. My heart just about stopped beating as I was thinking in my head about how I was going to keep a very active two year old still long enough for a blood sample. Well Landon was absolutely perfect. Just some minor wiggling that I was able to control with help from Tristan keeping him distracted and only a small wimper when they took the needle out. He actually cried more later that day when I took the band-aid off his arm.
All in all I am the proud mother of two healthy and active little boys.

1 comment:

  1. Shortly after I published this post the doctor called to tell me that Landon's bloodwork came back good except he is borderline anemic. Not really a shocked since it runs in the family.

    ReplyDelete