Monday, July 27, 2009

The Joys of WalMart

So I went to the local WalMart last week to pick up some essentials. After I parked and was less than 20 feet from my car, a very energetic young woman comes running up to me. She had a clipboard and a backpack. I tried to ignore her because I figured she either wanted to sell something or have me sign a petition. She just started walking right along side me and said "Let's chat and walk together." I just gave her a who-the-hell-are-you-look, but it didn't scare her off. Then she went into a whole schpeel about some scholarship mumbo jumbo and I quickly interupted her and said "I have no money on me", which was true, because I hardly ever carry cash, and even if I did I wouldn't be giving it to a complete stranger. She continued on about it being a donation and I said "I still don't have any money on me." I started to walk off faster and I think she finally got the hint. Then as I reached the end of the parking aisle this man walking out of the store gave me an up and down look and made a kissy sound. I was so disgusted and yelled "F**K OFF" at him. By now I'm really in a bad mood and haven't even made it in the store. Then right as I'm about to enter the store a young boy tries to get me to buy a chocolate bar for $3. If it hadn't been for the good deals I got in the store (school uniform shirts for only $5) I would consider never going to WalMart again.

1 comment: